A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Wednesday 16 March 2011

SECRET BOMBSHELL PARTY

GOODNESS.
It has been a long time.  I'm not quite sure whether this is down to me being ill for weeks on end, me not learning anything or me being lazy [the last two are not mutually exclusive]; suffice to say that I think it's about time to re-open my learning arms to the world and embrace the new air of intellectual activity/interest that seems to be circulating hand in hand with news of the Middle Eastern rebellions, Japan's earthquake disaster and the 'Summer'.

ONE]  It may surprise you to know, therefore, that the first thing on my list concerns Marilyn Monroe. Yes, it was
          only a few days ago that I discovered that this ultimate, perfectly formed blonde bombshell [a lady who had
          one shoe heel smaller than the other in order to accentuate her 'wiggle'] was married, if briefly, to none
          other than literary superstar [if you're taking English GCSE] Arthur Miller.  I'm not entirely sure why this
          shocked me, but it's probably down to the fact that i'd always imagined him looking like a cross between
          Pavarotti and Tony Shalhoub [the guy who plays Adrian Monk, the loveable OCD Detective. Thanks
          daytime TV + sick days.]It pleases me to know that Mr. Miller was in fact tall and slim, did not sport a
          goatee and wore pretty brilliant glasses.

"I'm sorry Marilyn YOU COMPLETE BABE can it wait? I'm posing."

TWO] I don't like coffee [coffee cakes make me want to cry a litle bit] and I don't like Martinis, but i've recently 
         learnt that I do like the adventurously named 'Espresso Martini'.  Although one of the campest drinks a man
         can be seen to be holding, I defy anyone to turn his nose up at this King of Cocktails.  Best Feature: This
        drink actually tastes how coffee smells and is topped off with three little coffee beans.
        It is not OK however to drink this if:
                         a] you're going to end the night in half an hour.  These things pack an insane energy punch; and
                         b] there are bowls of fruit lying around the incredibly poncy bar you've been taken to.The fruit will
                             end up in someone's face and you will wake up with a lime next to you. [a little more green
                             and a little smaller than you're used to]

Yeah they may look innocent, but the tongue gives it away.


THREE] Blondie is playing Secret Garden Party! I had a brilliant time at this festival last year [i would not be
             surprised if it was actually run by pixies] even though the main acts, it has to be said, were about as
             interesting as Mr Bean's big toe. [urghh feet]. So, having bought my ticket I can safely say that Debbie
            Harry's show [another blonde bombshell, if a little more wrinkly but less dead] is just another really good
            reason to get a ticket, which you can do HERE 

Here's a picture i took of some cannibals at last year's SGP.


I've quite a busy weekend in store.
Expect things to be learnt.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment