A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Wednesday 30 May 2012

CHILILEE

Two really quick posts about things I have learnt today:

ONE] Good things come to those who wait! Yes, I could go all philosophical on you, but really I am talking about
         my Chilis. I have been growing four types for what feels like a century, but after having slagged them off a 
         fair few times and assumed the worst - death - they decided to pop up and say "Hiya" just in time for my
         arrival back home from work. Granted, there is not much growth, but considering they were non existant

         this morning, I am pretty chuffed! SO, in a few weeks [hopeful] I should have photographs of:
            a] Scotch Bonnets: Also known as Boabs Bonnet, Scotty Bons, Bonney Peppers or Caribbean red
                peppers, these seemingly innocent chilis have a heat rating of 100,000-350,000 Scoville Units
                [which on a scale of 1 to mind-blowingly-hot is about mind-blowingly-hot].

            b] Jalapenos: The well known medium-sized-Mexican-affiliated chili gracing burritos, paellas and pizzas
                worldwide. [also the only one of my chilis not to show any sign of life]

            c] American Chilis: Wikipedia has never heard of these so i'm guessing Wilko's made them up.
            d] The Unknown Chilis: Not their name but rather the fact that I ripped the packet that the seeds were in
                and tore through the name of them...naturally.
Here they are all pretty in a row. Makeshift tray courtesy of a big bag+Stuart Fenton's man skills.


..and here is my beautiful Scotch Bonnet...

Please stay tuned for weekly Chili updates. [my chilis have a sense of humour as they've decided to grow just before I go away for an entire week]


TWO] A quick TWO: I am please to report that Cision's Jubilee party was a complete success. The afternoon
         saw sales and research turn into what looked like a bunch of avid bulemics and all left floor 3
         feeling sick and satisfied.
Hm, fairly modest spread?

err..WRONG.

I will be away for a week as of Saturday BUT rest assured, I will return having learnt a whole host of Mickey Mouse-based things.

Happy Summer.
SK





                   

No comments:

Post a Comment