A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 26 August 2010

FRENCH FANCY

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

Last night I was told a wonderful piece of news.
Yann Tiersen will be playing in Birmingham on
Tuesday 9th November!
Nice tilting of the head there.

I am 1oo% not lying.  Although it may be true that he played here almost two years ago
on my birthday whilst I was watching a chamber orchestra play Mozart and Strauss in
the orangery of a palace in Vienna, city of musicians lol lol L.O.L,
THIS TIME
rather than playing at the Academy, he will be dizzying us with
accordian glissandos from Parisian fairytales in the intimate spaces of the Glee Club.

This is the mesmorising La Valise d'Amelie, a piece of music from the film
Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain, a masterpiece of the genius director
Jean-Pierre Jeunet.

I've been told that whilst he does play some of the favourites,
the set suddenly turns into a disasterous tribute to
seventies rockabilly subculture...

Oh, hi Tex and The Dixie Rebels.

I am, however, willing to forgo this if only to hear a glockenshpiel/accordian duet for two minutes.
So with one swift magical click....BOOM.... I leave you with the link to the tickets...

Ça serait PARFAIT.
(As in the French for 'perfect', not the dessert.)

No comments:

Post a Comment