A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Friday 24 September 2010

STAN Vs FLU

IN the last two weeks - I'm not going to fluff this out in any way - I have learnt hardly anything.
I've had a flu type thing that has been almost impossible to shake.
The Good Food channel became my friend, our boiler died [perfect timing] and I only lost my appetite for ten hours.
This does NOT however mean that I didn't discover anything new. OH no.
During my Stan Vs Flu weeks I have learnt that:

ONE] Man Vs Food is probably the most disgusting yet insatiable programme I have ever watched.  Hours upon
         hours of a man trailing around America's finest late-night diners, taking on their belly-busting challenges
         and consequently making you pine for a salad. This was like my pringles tube of TV. Definitely youtube
         this. Definitely don't try anything he does.

This is probably just pre-breakfast.

TWO] Those rumours about Nigella being unbashfully suggestive during her day-time 'how to make a sexy
          pavlova' shows are all true. Every single one.
          It is probably not OK to a] lick a wooden spoon covered in cream suggestively whilst making eyes at the
                                                 camera.
                                             b] whisk vigorously without a bra on at lunch time.
Probably, but we really don't care. God bless Nigella Lawson.

You work that bowl of...wait..what on earth is that?

THREE] Nothing will stop me from seeing George Lamb today.  My eyes currently feel like they are on a different
            planet to the rest of me, I have limited control over my limbs and the pressure in my head is akin to that
            experienced by the facebook corp during yesterday's hijacking. Will this stop me? NO.
            I've been rained on, blasted with a nice dose of wind and have no time to powder my nose after work.
           Could the odds be any more against me? Should I even have tempted fate by asking that question?


Nothing more I can really say without sounding like I need to be institutionalised..

FOUR] Joanna Newsom made me want to cry
           a] because she is so incredibly talented
           b] because she is as nice as berry pie with extra jam.
           c] because she made me feel horrendously inadequate.

DAMN her.  By far one of the most incredible gigs I have ever been too.  She deserves a full review and I will write one as soon as I am back in the right dimension.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment