A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Tuesday 23 November 2010

LEA[R]N ON ME

THIS weekend saw me completely recovered, ready for another hectic few days filled with the three 'S's:
Singing, Sambucca and Squidgy chips. In that order.
On being asked this Saturday, whilst in a somewhat 'merry' state, what I had learnt in the past two days, my response of 'absolutely bloody nothing' came as a dishearterning [if somewhat hilarious,obviously the fault of rum] reply. What I am learning, however unfortunate/ironic this may be, is that I am learning less and less each weekend, a situation which I am finding more distressing as the weeks go on. [this is a lie]

Well I for one think this chappie needs to chill out.

 
SO mindful that I am clutching at straws [very short, skinny ones at that; the kind you'd get in those orange juice cartons they give to children under the age of five], here's a list of the things I learnt this weekend:

ONE] There's nothing like a good old sing song in the night with a guitar and a group of merry people round
         a cat and a bottle of blueberry vodka? [obviously the cat and the vodka are mutually exclusive here
         otherwise we'd be arrested, although she does likes to put pretty much anything in her mouth, no innuendo
         intended]  This is always a good idea:
                         a] because everyone seems to enjoy this.  Even if you're not singing [which you will be], it'll
                             put you in a really nice mood. It's like the marshmallow of 'group gatherings', but not when
                            you burn them on a fire, because that would just be sad.
                        b] if there isn't a camera; anywhere. I always seem to think that even if I am merry and holding
                            my phone filming such things the microphone won't pick my voice up. Unfortunately on this
                            point I am probably as wrong as the love child of David Gest and Donatella Versace would
                            look.

I couldn't find them in a photograph together.  Good job really.  It'd probably crack my screen.


TWO] Recording all weekend is draining but incredibly rewarding and fun. [like when you're half way through a
          brilliant film, surrounded by pizza and candy floss but your eyes feel insanely heavy and drop a millimetre
          every second]; but at the risk of my old head mistress hunting me down and beating me to death, " I wish
          I had more time!".  It's all worth it though because
                         a] I've always wanted to go to Japan and we're definitely going to play Japan, so that's good.
                            [this is 1oo% hope and o% fact]
                         b] people always think you're more interesting when you say you're in a band.  It's miraculous.
                             the person you are talking to can practically be asleep, but the moment you mention the
                            word 'band' they're awake, buying you a drink and holding your coat before you can say
                            'the ting tings'. [obviously this is a lie. The only things that do wonders like that are steroids
                            and/or Jodie Marsh walking through a retirement home holding cups of tea; and
                       c] I can't imagine spending this much effort/time doing anything else.

This is us playing in Japan obviously, with some people we found in the street who we taught to play the triangle and things.

THREE] The 'sad face' really does work.  I know that last week I perhaps gave away my weakness in a moment
             of madness [as mad as you can get at work at ten in the morning], but this week I fight back with my
             secret weapon.  The last few days saw me use it on a number of occasions, each with successful
             effect which makes me pretty sure that if the andrex puppy and I were in a sad face competition, I would
             win, but probably only because I could smile afterwards.  If the puppy smiled that would just be strange,
             and impossible, so it'd probably get disqualified, which means I would win anyway so...

This puppy is not sad, it's pissed off.

So there you have it.
I'm pretty sure next weekend will be more bountiful and I will learn a multitude of facts, like 'going out in London with a bunch of superheroes is a recipe for disaster'.

I'll keep you posted.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment