A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 9 August 2012

BLURRY BREADNESS


Another Thursday and another week of things learnt and lost. This post’s gem isn’t particularly useful, but kind of exciting:

ONE] The blur, New Order & Specials gig I am going to on Sunday is the official Olympic Closing Ceremony
         shindig. I had no idea! As if this event wasn't super enough, I finally get some of that Olympic
         atmosphere I’ve been searching for [ironically on the celebration of its last legs]. This gig is going
         to be amazing for several reasons:
               a] I’m one of those people who really liked the odd blur song they heard but never got round to buying
                   [/illegally downloading] more than three songs. Call me apathetic, but I’ve definitely made up for it,
                   armed with 25 of their ‘greatest hits’ and having read half of Alex James’ brilliant autobiography, 'bit
                   of a blur', which anyone would be able to do with one eye closed, both arms tied behind their backs, 
                   sitting upside down after a barrel of rum. I've now realised just how great they are and am as
                   excited as the kid who's rubbish at sports but miraculously gets picked first.
              b] I haven’t been to a great gig in a while because I don’t remember the last one I went to before
                  electricity in our homes [who I’d advise seeing live before, not after, you’ve bought their album to
                  save disappointment]. This is therefore going to include lots of shouting out of tune, lots of hip-flask
                  swigging and lots of 
atmosphere hogging if the weather decides to co-operate. It’s like a chocolate
                  brownie recipe, just less chocolatey.
               c] The tickets were a gift to celebrate my boyfriend’s 25th Birthday which I have always been told is a
                   ‘special’ one. I have come to the conclusion however that I am the only person in the entire world
                   who includes this in the list of important celebrations. Everyone I tell looks at me like a five year
                   old boy I’ve accused of liking girls. If you are someone who thinks the big two five is up there with
                   18 and 21 then PLEASE get in touch, if only to assure my sanity.
That dog looks as big as a donkey. Does it play the maracas? Is it Bez?


TWO] My chilis are going MENTAL. Not in a bad way; finally they are happy and deciding to show me some life.
         Bye bye scrawny, pea-coloured weeds.- hello mighty, airbrushed stallions!
Looks like the lavender was an amazing idea!
The chilis clearly love a competition and seem to have grown both upwards and outwards
[may also have been watching too much Supersize Vs Superskinny though. I’ll have to check].

Probably should have taken a birds-eye shot of these ones.
Trust me though, they’re slowly getting there. Whether they can be bothered to actually produce chilis after the struggle growing to this stage has been is an entirely different matter.

THREE] My obsession with bread is getting worse. I now can not go into Sainsbury’s without leaving with some
             bread. Depending on the day I’ve had, I’ll buy one roll or an entire loaf. Who buys bread as a treat?! At
             least I’m admitting [again] I have a problem. But not only that, I’m encouraging it by asking you all tell
             me where the best place is to buy bread in London is. Yes I like the standard, regal loaf, but I’m talking
             super bread. Bread that could knock Tyson [showing my lack of boxing knowledge] for six, or even
             seven. I’m not phased by shapes or sizes [see old post with picture of shoe-shaped doughy goodness]
             and will try virtually any colour. I’m aware this is starting to sound like a lonely hearts ad, but I’d
             welcome the suggestions.

Hopefully this weekend will have taught me a multitude of things including what London’s favourite blur song is and, for example, how much bread a person can eat in five minutes.

STANLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment