A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 13 September 2012

MO'LYMPICS


Another Thursday and another week of weird and wonderful happenings. Lest we waste any more precious time:

ONE] The Olympics really are over: I can safely say this as I was there when the last flag was waved and the
         last vuvuzela was blown. The Olympic Victory Parade ventured to St Paul’s which happens to be very
         close to where I work.  Roads weres blocked and crowds flocked to the streets to see team GB drive past,
         having watched them religiously for weeks, switching to BBC (then Channel 4) straight after work to catch
         the next triathlon or 200m breast stroke. I can only describe this parade as a Madame Tussauds on floats
         having been pimped-up with limb-moving machinery. I half expected Arnold Schwarzenegger to be on float
         6. I’m definitely glad I went as:
              a] it broke up the morning, and
              b] I saw the torch pass through the same streets at the beginning of the Olympics, so it was a nice
                 end to the whole affair.
        In a way it was a sad occasion as well as a celebratory one, mainly because although I did not manage to
        make a single event or wander around the park, I did get to feel some of the brilliant atmosphere that
        seemed to engulf London over the last few weeks. On a happier note, here’s an Olympican Mexian wave:

and here is Mo Farah..if I double zoom and you squint.


TWO] London Fashion Week is nigh!: Yes, tomorrow sees the beginning of  one of the most anticipated four
         days of the British calendar. So what does this mean to the group of us who aren’t in any way involved.
         Well my dearies – it means that:
               a] we’re going to have to take that extra pensive-time in the morning to choose an outfit that won’t
                   make us stand out. After all, who wants to be conspicuous for the wrong reasons when the streets
                   are lined with designer-dipped models? And,
               b] if you want to get a table in any restaurant remotely close to the centre of London, you’ll have to
                  camp from tonight.
         Sarcasm aside, I actually really like this time of year as it seems to fill my mind and my eyes with nice
         new things to wear and brilliant ways of dealing with my boring hair [which I am due to chop off again very
         soon. Bobs away!] Here’s another reminder of why we must embrace such a phenomenon:



THREE] My chilis are going MENTAL. Here we go. [It doesn’t really need much explanation]

I'll keep you posted if any chilis actually appear.

LOTS OF LOVE
STANLEY


No comments:

Post a Comment