A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 11 October 2012

MANCHY RONANCHY


After a weekend that did happen but remains slightly hazy, here's a list of things I think I learnt:

ONE] MANCHESTER IS GREAT: Wow. Bold statement there. It’s true though. Although I have only actually
         been to this city twice, I can say that both times left me with fond memories [and a very very sore head].
         One other observation I can make is that Manchester has SO MANY BARS. Being from Birmingham, the
         second city, you would probably expect me to be used to such a phenomenon. I can’t say at all that I
         was. Once one rum was finished, the other was bought across the road, and round the corner from that,
         and five minutes from there, and two doors down from here! Brilliant! What a way to see a city and its
         people at their best [worst]. There is only one problem that I can find with this method and this is that by
         the time you reach the intended destination [which by the way is the best(and smallest) club/room above a
         pub in England, you may aswell be in space for all you know. My stay felt as short as Gordon Ramsey’s
         patience which has brought me to the conclusion that:
                  a] err..i obviously have to go again?! And,
                  b] Take Me Out is a really dangerous program to be watching whilst having a few pre-drink drinks
                      because you can’t take your eyes/brain off it for a second, thus leaving your glass, the bottle and
                      your hands to work auto pilot-like.
        On another positive note [wow there are so many!] we did enter a Nandos colouring competition, so fingers
        crossed.
Apparently this is the only photo that was taken the entire time the four of us we were there
[and I had already left by this point]. Thanks Abby. Nice Fountain.

TWO] LISTS ARE GREAT: [as is repetition clearly] I am a self-confessed list-lover. I write shopping lists, lists
          to remind me to reply to messages and lists of things I wish to happen. This week
          however has seen me create a new genre of list: 'The SONGS I NEED TO 
[legally] DOWNLOAD ' list.
          If i'm listening to BBC 6 music at work and a smashing song comes on, i'll send myself an email
          containing the song name, band name and 'DOWNLOAD SONG' in the title. Whilst i'm not going to share
          this list for fear of judgement, I will however say that since Tuesday it has reached 6 songs. My thinking
          here is even if I download 5 new songs a week, that's twenty new songs a month. This in turn will stop
          me winging about the lack of excitement in my itunes.
Apt.


THREE] RONALDO IS FAT: [curveball] Yes, hands up if you remember watching the World Cup at school and
             remembering one of two things:
                  a] Ronaldo scored about 24352437546389 goals and, 
                  b] not understanding the offside rule does not hinder football-watching pleasure.
            Whilst it is probably old old news, I came across this picture today and thought I'd switched the
            computer screen to 'wide' with my crazy robot eyes:
I promise this is him.
            I can't understand what has happened here. If I miss a day of running I feel sluggsh and guilty. This
            young man trained like a beast for years of his life then BOOM. He ate all the pies diamond encrusted
            pies. I'm not saying i'm appalled at all - if anything I'm impressed. It must have taken real effort to go
            from fit to fat if his body was having none of it. ANYWAY, this is more like me thinking out loud than
            front page news [I think it's been demoted from the Daily Mail website within two hours]. I like blasts
            from the past and on a scale of Blast to Heavy, I'd say it's pretty great.

Next week will see me reviewing a 'heavy rock band' because I should probably stop scouring the DM website and because someone at work told me I should do it.

It's nearly the weekend.
GREAT. I've used 'great' over four times.

STANLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment