A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 4 October 2012

FROGALICIOUS

Since this week's news has been filled with some pretty sad stories and nothing else I have decided to compile this week's post with silly and unimportant things to somewhat lighten the mood. No change there then!

ONE] My chilis are liars. [Starting with a chili update. Radical.] Whilst these plants can't actually talk they
         have found other ways to lie to me. What last week seemed like a manifestation of actual, real-life chilis
         has actually resulted in the growth of.....flowers. What the hell? If I wanted a plant that flowers I would have
         bought one. 
As you can see there are merely flowers.
I mean, they're quite pretty. They just don't have heat.
          I have decided that the next stage must definitely be the chili stage. What else can these plants produce
          if not that? Their own bees?

TWO] Christmas is looming: I know this due to two things:
                   a] the sun is shining but it is now acceptable to wear sunglasses and scarves, and
                   b] i have found myself making mental lists of what would make wonderful presents for people.
         My list might only consist on one thing which, sadly, I can not go ahead with [soz Andrea Bocelli] BUT it is
         definitely making me more and more excited each time I wake up and shiver a tiny bit. Once we've drunk
         ourselves through my sister's birthday and covered ourselves with fake blood for Hallowe'en we can all buy
         our [chocolate] advent calendars and walk around wearing things similar to this:
Sunglasses and jumpers. So alternative. So me in a few weeks. Thanks google.

THREE] My sister is getting whites tree frogs soon: YES. You may or may not know I have a strange
            obsession with frog 'things' [I have a frog nail brush], so as you can imagine I thought this was the
            best idea ever! I therefore decided to google these little froggies:
AWW. Well sort of aww. They''re smiling which is very cute and they are hugging which is also cute.
On the other hand they look like the Sopranos of the Frog World.
"Frogthony, Frognior and Frogotore"
        I kept searching and really, my hopes were sky high. I could not wait to meet these little smiley froggies.
        That is until I found this:
I tried to name it but I just couldn't. I'm not sure it even counts as a frog.
Does it count?
It just looks so full.
Like it's just eaten an entire army of flies with a side of algae. 

If my sister does get one of these I'll probably never go round.
On a happier note I am in Manchester this Saturday night. If there is anything wonderful going on that I should know about please let me know. It's got to look something like this:
Minus the young lady on the left and plus my wonderful monsieur.
Did I mention my weekend starts now?
Lots of love, 

STANLEY

p.s I almost forgot: I reviewed Wiz Khalifa's new single for Hellion Magazine again HERE



          

No comments:

Post a Comment