A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 29 November 2012

MATLINKED@FREEZE.COM

WELL I can't quite believe it is Thursday once again, but here it is, along with a list of mind-blowing things I have learnt this week:

ONE] Matlock is very, very pretty: I definitely learnt that this weekend, having walked round eight miles of the
         place, dodging dogs, tractors and gigantic puddles of mud. We [obviously I didn't go alone; I don't like my

         own company that much] were however very lucky with the weather, waking up to a gloriously sunshiney
         day! But honestly, we could have been on an entirely different planet. Walking down quiet country lanes
         with nothing but some herbal tablets and a disposable camera, I felt totally relaxed and as though I had
         checked my lungs into the most expensive rehab mansion in LA. Don't get me wrong, Matlock has much
         more to offer than just trees and very fresh air [the John Smedley Mill shop being just one. Call me the

         'Discount Diva'. If you like.], but it is the thing I liked most. Living in the city really makes you forget that
         taxi lanes don't exist everywhere and that you might have to walk a mile to the nearest pub, but on the
         way you will meet a pony [not even joking] or stumble across a Christmas shop in the middle of a field. I

         therefore urge you all to 'get away' between now and the 1st January. Give your brain some down time and
         stand in some pony poo. It'll do you good!
This is basically what we did for the entire day. That and eat chips.

And here's our view of the entire day.


TWO] I don't understand Linkedin: I learnt this yesterday [I'm still learning this] after I decided to join yet another
         social network, but one that's not frowned upon at work, so I could in fact use it at work for work. As far as

          I can tell,as well as helping me with my job, it is a sort of online, compressed CV that allows you to
         'connect' [a more mature and less needy word than 'friend request'] to people who work in your industry and
         those who work at any prospective industries. Either way, it makes it a lot easier to find who the top people
         at most businesses are, also giving them an opportunity to realise just how amazing you in fact are and
         just how much they absolutely must have you working with them.
         Still, it can just also be yet another website you need to remember log-in details for and that keeps you
         checking on 'page views' and 'connections'. I 'connected' with my dad on Linkedin yesterday and even
         began a phone conversation with "Hello Linkedin friend!" [no need to judge me]. So, it's not all slog. If

         you're wandering whether to give it a go I definitely suggest that you do, if only to make you feel more
         'professional'. Maybe we could connect?
This man clearly 'gets' Linkedin but clearly does not 'get' fashion.


THREE] I don't own enough clothes fit for the impending arctic temperatures: This I find to be quite true
            considering temperatures are about to drop to MINUS TWENTY. Now forgive me if I seem presumptuous, 

            but If my family intended me to be exposed to such temperatures, surely they would have settled in the
            Arctic in the seventies? If this does happen, take note that I will spend it's entire reign:

                      a] wrapped up in a duvet. I don't care that it's white, it is coming with me to work.
                      b] unable to write. I refuse to remove my two pairs of woolly gloves at any point during this freeze.
                      c] gorging on really hot, comforting takeaways. If whales use a layer of blubber to keep them
                          warm then who's to say that I can't do the same?

           I'll probably end up looking like this by the end of it, just with a few more clothes on:
Actually minus the smile aswell. I probably won't be smiling.

This weekend will see me wrapping up Christmas presents in the usual style, watching Take Me Out and avoiding a six mile run in arctic conditions by pretending that I physically can't get out of bed.
Did I mention I met Poppy the kitten? 
I can't even begin to tell you how cute she is and how much I actually miss her, so I won't.


Lots of love
STANLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment