A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 6 December 2012

ROYAL BABY, ROYAL PIZZTAKE

Well hello Thursday and thanks for bringing with you a day of immune-system battering. As I am feeling increasingly 'under the weather' in each possible sense I will be keeping this as short and as sweet as I can:

ONE] Kate and William are having a babba and if she's a girl she'll be able to rule: Obviously women have the
         ability to rule already as we well know [hiya Lizzie], JUST now the government have passed a law [is it a
         law?] that this little 'proverbial' girl will be able to rule our island even if she goes on to have one or two [or
         infinity if we're being pedantic] younger brothers. Although I am someone who thinks traditions are super
         fantastic [and I really do], I will make an exception for this rule in the acknowledgement that if the people
         who govern the country do not 'move with the times ' [lots of inverted commas today], we're sure to be
         stuck in the [icy] mud or gearing for reverse. In other news, the fact that Kate is preggers is in fact
         something I learnt this week, along with those two delightful presenters from Australia who decided to dupe
         an unsuspecting nurse with their worst English accents into giving them information about Kate's condition.
         Having heard a recording of their little game I remain eternally baffled into how they were believed, but also
         live in the hope that one day we could all use the same tactic for something nice, like free pizza, and not
         something worth of another Leveson inquiry. I am also following @royalfoetus if only to get some sort of
         interview out of them. 



TWO] Pizza Hut have created a perfume: I deleted the first statement I wrote which was 'Pizza Hut have gone
         mental' because really, it is a deceptively clever idea. Whilst the Canadian sector of this well-known
         pizza chain have created it to promote their pizzas to their customers, the story has candidly found its
         way to my desk in East London, thus proving that this was in fact a brilliant PR stunt. I defy anyone to say
         that they don't like the smell of freshly baked pizza; I HAVE however found a flaw in this eau de pizzette.
         I frequently eat pizza in my room [no judging] and consequently spend the next two days trying to rid it of
         the smell of my indulgent binge. I very much doubt that this perfume is going to smell like freshly baked
         pizza but very much think that it'll smell like thing I try and cover up. Either way, i've got to say that I am
         definitely intrigued, if only to see which theory is right!
And here is the photo thanks to my good friends at the Daily Mail.

Tomorrow I am getting on a train to Newcastle even if i'm hallucinating and physically stuck to my duvet.
lots of love

STANLEY
x

No comments:

Post a Comment