A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 8 November 2012

OBAMA BIN GINGER

It is Thursday again and what an eventful week of learning I have had. Let no more time be wasted blabbering!:

ONE] Obamarama has swept over the world once again: Yes, Obama successfully gained over 270 seats to
         complete a second term as president of one of the most powerful and disliked countries in the world.
         I for one wished that the elections were on earlier so I could have joined in the suspense, entertainment
         and general party thrown by the USA on Tuesday, because lets be honest, they do know how to make
         a party out of pretty much anything. One thing I do know is that these 'Barak bin Laden' conspiracy
         theories are as ridiculous as giving your blonde dog a pink dip-dye [something I actually saw on the
         Piccadilly line a few days ago]. How can they possibly be the same person? The only explanation I can
         muster is that the conspiracy theorists stumbled across this statement on account of the leaders' names
         rhyming. How silly? If this was true then i'm secretly trying to hide the fact that I am also a bottle of
         Lambrini.
                                           <-- Stavrini                                                       Labrini --> 
         Now, if that doesn't put everything into perspective I don't know what will. Oh, perhaps one of Barak's
         cool friends can help? Take it away J Zizzle:



TWO] My sister isn't getting frogs for her birthday: A sad fact, yes, however these slimey, green, ribbety beings
          are being replaced by a KITTEN. I may not be living at home, but I visit, and now these visits are going to
          be made fluffier by Poppy [the kitten has been named but not exactly chosen yet]. Anyone who knows my
          parents knows that this is a big deal as they normally admire pets from a distance and not 'in the house'.
          They have reached the point of no return though as a bed, scratching post, toys [plural] and a litter tray
          have already been bought.This and the fact that I am going to a cat sanctuary with my sister tomorrow
          means that there will be an actual kitten in the house within the next month. Nothing else will really tell
          you how excited I am except a photo I stole from google:
IT DOESN'T REALLY NEED WORDS.


THREE] People actually read my blog: This may come as a surprise, but you are not the only one who reads
             this; and how do I know? I know because Holly, my lovely senior at work, was amazed at the fact
             she had never heard of a Starbucks white hot chocolate with gingerbread syrup until she read last
             week's post. She then proceeded to march straight to the nearest Starbucks and buy the Christmas-
             in-a-drink drink.
I'd love one of these for Christmas please.

           So what's the verdict? "Really good. I'm going to try it with the Hazlenut syrup next though. It does
           remind me of Christmas." Not as enthusiastic as I would have hoped, but that's probably because I
           normally have three spoonfulls of sugar with mine an end up bouncing off the walls. All in all a successful
           mission. What next I wonder? Will people start uploading pictures of themselves as alcoholic drinks?
           Will the world become full of Kittens?


I'll let you know next week.
Did I mention my weekend starts today?

Love
STANLEY



       

No comments:

Post a Comment