A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Wednesday 20 March 2013

BIG FAT WASTE OF ENERGY

TODAY I learnt that some days you almost don't learn anything. Up until five minutes ago I hadn't learnt a thing. Everything I encountered today I already knew, apart from that fact that:

ONE] I don't understand energy bill leaflets: Why is everything written in pence? Nobody walks into a shop and
         says, "ooh the chicken kiev is on sale today; its only THREE HUNDRED PENCE". This achieves two
         things:

              a] It makes it difficult to quickly relate this to pricings your brain is used to calculating in split
                  seconds, for example: 'this is not that much cheaper than a whole chicken', and
              b] It makes things seem considerably more expensive than they actually are. If my bill is
                  seven million pence a quarter i'd like to hear it from someone important and not a dull little leaflet.

           Tomorrow some lucky person in customer services at this well-known energy company is going think
           they've been phoned by a five year old. Sorry in advance, because obviously you're reading this. And I
           don't have a 'thing' for chicken by the way.

Q: How much energy does it take to power these two
Stormtroopers?
A: NONE. There were men inside the outfits.


Tomorrow is Thursday.
SEND ME SHORT VIDEOS of your beautiful selves telling me what you've learnt this week and i'll try to feature you in the post. stavrinikoumi@gmail.com

love
STANLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment