A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 21 March 2013

GIRLS ALOUD MAKE TWITTER PROUD. I THINK.

WELL blow me down its Thursday again, which is basically like the Friday of our blog week. I've been letting you know what i've learnt this week as I go along [which has probably surfaced the fact that I don't learn a whole lot] so today's blog is going to be based on things I have learnt today which are that :

ONE] Girls Aloud are NO MORE: That's right my little pop pooches; one of the greatest girl bands of our time
         [and by band I mean 'group' who don't write their own music but sing and prance around very well] have
         split up after their widely anticipated 12-day 10-year reunion tour. A mouthful? Maybe, but they deserve it!
         I have always been transparent about that fact that I thought Girls Aloud were great. From the moment I
         saw Sound of the Underground on MTV during the school holidays with a can of Pledge in my hand and
         a duster in the other I knew they were onto something as big as Fat Joe's belly [pretty damn big]. I can't
         say that I saw their potential right after their names were announced on Popstars: The Rivals; actually I

         thought they looked very mismatched. What on earth were the producers playing at?! Either way, waited
         [without bated breath] until their debut which was no less than a music-related miracle. Matching pink

         puffer jackets and skin-tight leggings with slicked back ponytail hair? 'What's not to like' I ask you?
         I am sure you will join me in remembrance of Girls Aloud [I never thought that name made any sense]
         on this said day, thinking of all their 'great bits' [no pun intended] as you look at the gifs on this blog called
         discopop directory which are nothing short of magnificent.

If my cousins, my mom, my sister and I were in a band
this is what we'd look like and
we'd be called 'Koumi unKut'. Or something.

TWO] Its Twitter's Birthday: In all the excitement of the last few years I had forgotten just at what point Twitter
          tweeted its way into my life; but that, my friends, was a mere seven years ago! To put that into
          perspective, when you were seven you were probably using bits of cut up paper with words on to help you
          with spelling homework. In these few years Twitter has achieved a major status in every existing sector of
          life in general, even welcoming The Pope to is platform [does The Pope have a capital 'The'?]. People have
          learnt to express exactly what they are feeling in a mere 140 characters [if you use Tweetdeck you're
          cheating] which, if you think about it, is pretty much nothing in comparison to the ramblings you find on
          Facebook. If you're not using it, i'd say you should sign up TODAY [and when better than on a birthday?]
          if you:
               a] like breaking news and quick, live updates on pretty much any topic,
               b] like sending messages to famous people because you think you could be great friends [I do not do
                   this by the way]
               c] spend a lot of your time waiting for things like buses, trains or spaceships [its great for killing time]
In the birthday spirit he's a snapshot of STANLEY's Twitter.
FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW

THREE] Degus move a little like Mr Bean: I don't know about you, but I see a pattern emerging. Mr Bean is
             hilarious because of his little bizarre noises and the way he moves, with a sort of starting and stopping
             action to his..actions. Don't quite understand what I mean?

They could have their own sitcom. Like The Office, but in a
cage and with no talking. Or jokes.

And this is a shot after their sitcom becomes
very popular and they're all famous
and being papped.

This weekend sees me going to/seeing:
Burger and Lobster
The Shard
Quartermaine's Terms [with ROWAN ATKINSON MY FRIENDS]

I'll probably learn a lot but SEND ME VIDEO CLIPS OF THINGS YOU HAVE LEARNT THIS WEEK TO
stavrinikoumi@gmail.com


love
STANLEY



No comments:

Post a Comment