A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 14 March 2013

HABEMUS POSTAM

TODAY'S post is going to be short and sweet, like a mini refresher bar but less refreshing, due to some technical difficulties. It seems computers and 'connections' in general just do not sit well with my aura. Lord knows why. Anyway, here's what I learnt this week:


ONE] The world has a new Pope: I say 'the world' and not 'Catholics' as the Pope in this day and age has
          become a public figure. Anyone who has merch dedicated to them [people were apparently walking round
          the Vatican with 'HABEMUS PIZZA' t-shirts] is as public as the toilets at a train station. My little snag is
          that the whole process happened a bit too quickly. One minute there wasn't a Pope; twenty four hours
          later there was one! I have it on good authority [from my mother, who told me she had done a whole host
          of Pope-related research expecting the whole shebang to last a tad longer] that the process has been
          known to last up to a month. That is an entire month spent in one large room with hundreds of other old
          men on limited toilet breaks. I found out on Twitter of all places with a snapshot of Pope Francis I's rather
          solemn-looking face. Surely you'd be a tiny bit happier? Apparently he looked slightly bemused by the
          whole affair, understandably; lets just hope he is a bit more animated during the various speeches he has
          to give. Also he doesn't look that old to me, considering he is seventy six, so it looks as though he'll be in
          for a rather long stint. That is of course unless he too resigns rather suspiciously.

Here's a photo I took in Lake Como, which is in
Italy, which is where the Pope is
right now. Sort of.

TWO] Other people learn things too: This probably shouldn't have been such a surprise to me but as you may
          [and definitely should] know I am now asking you all to send me short videos of yourselves telling me
          something [or things] you have learnt during the week. I think I was slightly unclear as to what I was after,
          but here's two things Shaun Hill learnt this week:

          SHAUN: 'This week I learnt that dogs are amazing, especially my dog: SHAUN'S DOGGIE
                        and the My Bloody Valentine are loud: MBV LIIIIIVE '
         Yes, the lucky so and so a] has the cutest little dog and b] got to see MBV live, probably playing songs
         from their new album, probably playing some from the old ones. Either way, having recently discovered that
         this band are brilliant [slow on the uptake by about twenty years there], I am suitably jealous.
         If you would like to send me a video of YOURSELF telling me what you have learnt [plus any other
         additional links, such as the ones Shaun sent me, please email stavrinikoumi@gmail.com so I can feature
         you in next week's blog!
Here's a picture of Shaun on a beach wearing
some snazzy sunglasses. Hi Shaun.


THREE] Degus like to huddle: I think I learnt this last week and the week before, but still, they love a good
             huddle! Here are some more photos of Holly's snuggly degus:
This is a particular fav because I am convinced
that the degu on the left is smiling
for the camera.

This is my favourite degu. I think she is
probably the one hiding in all
the photos.

              If you think you'd like to look after two or more of these degus [they need to live in pairs as a minimum
              otherwise they get lonely and die of a broken heart :( ] please send an email to the address previously
              mentioned and I will pass on the message. 

This weekend see us WITH THE INTERNET proving that I can live without it [out of office hours] for eleven entire days Who bloody knew?
I hope you all have a really knowledgeable week and send lots of lovely videos telling me exactly what you have learnt.

LOVE
STANLEY


No comments:

Post a Comment