A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 7 March 2013

JOLLY LITTLE FLAT

ANOTHER Thursday, but this time we are not in the minus numbers. Fair enough, there's a bit of mist and greyness still about, but I'm a little excited by the fact that I don't have to dress like an eskimo to get to work in the mornings. Enough digression; here's what i've learnt:

ONE] Humans need sleep: I mean obviously this is a scientific fact, but I realised to what extent this is true this
         weekend after my boyfriend and I moved into our new flat. We had a lot of help which was wonderful, but
         four days later I am still getting home from work and trying to convince myself that:
                        since naps were OK during the day at Uni, they're definitely still OK now.
         Either way, moving your life into a new place takes longer than the day on which you physically move but
         is absolutely, one hundred percent worth the sleepiness. I haven't had naked tea or sung loudly in the
         shower yet, but they'll probably happen soon. What I have realised is that I have become ridiculously
         house proud. Any spare minute and I am polishing here and sweeping there. I am basically turning into my
         grandma [completely skipped a generation there]. All these little touch ups aren't really helping my 
         sleep-and-rest-catchup so this weekend will mostly see me [carrying an amp across London then]
         sleeping.
Unfortunately we don't have a garden,
otherwise we'd be doing this a lot.
[Obviously really clutching at straws with
my photos. I'll make an effort to actually take some soon]

TWO] Jolly Rancher Hard Candy is deadly: Like most things described as 'deadly', I don't actually mean deadly.
          What I do mean however is that just two of these tiny sweets have had the ability to:
                    a] make me want to buy an entire room full of them, and
                    b] make me want to burn every existing packet.
          The first one I tried was a blue raspberry. It was delicious, tasting exactly like my favourite blue ice lollies
          minus the ice. The second one I tried was the Watermelon. To my absolute DELIGHT this tasted like
          that banana flavoured antibiotic medicine you used to have when you were about five years old, or Midori
          to those of you who have grown up. I instantly went back for one more during some kind of sugar-induced
          coma that befell me; but before I had the chance to put it to my lips i suddenly felt incredibly sick. That's
          right. Two tiny weeny sweeties had enough sugar in to bring me down [bearing in mind I used to eat a
          packet of pear drops a day]. I therefore urge you not to be fooled by their alluring, almost neon colours and
          "Put the Sweet Down".
This photo is fuzzy. Like my brain is after this sweetie.

THREE] Degu Update: Degus don't give a shizzle: They really don't. If you were out running and a little baby was
             in your way, you'd most likely take another route around the obstacle. Not degus. They think of babies
             more like invincible stunt men. Here's a little video of exactly what I have explained:
               As you can see, the babies are getting bigger and more and more entertaining. I'll definitely miss them
               when they go!

This week I have a request: Beginning next week I intend to post videos of people telling me one thing they learnt during their week. These videos need to be a few seconds long [maximum ten but i'll review the situation if they are longer] and you obviously need to not mind if I put them on the internet...because my blog is on the internet.
Please send all videos to stavrinikoumi@gmail.com
I look forward to feeling enriched by next Thursday!


LOTS OF LOVE
STANLEY
p.s someone just ate one of those Jolly Rancher sweeties and the smell nearly forced me to cause a scene at my desk, if you know what I mean. Just don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment