A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Monday 8 April 2013

SINGIN' IN THE [HUR]R[IC]AIN[E]

ON my walk home from work I came across something that actually turned me into one of those people who takes pictures of random things in the street to put online. Was it anything spectacular? Far from it. The object in question was a poster for the Singin' [I had to go back and delete the extra 'g'] In The Rain musical which promises to be 'an evening of joy' according to the Daily Telegraph. And whilst I actually quite like the film [though have yet to see it all the way through], I was baffled by the tag-line..
Yes, '12,000 litres of water used at 
every performance!'
Wow. Well if that bold statement won't get you to part with your weekly food budget I don't know what will. What makes me even more confused is the fact that an actual meeting took place during which someone blurted out that sentence as the proposed slogan and someone else rather high up said 'we absolutely must have that on the posters'. My first thoughts went as follows:
      a] wow, what a waste of water?!
      b]..and they'll probably make a killing from the 'wet seats' [like at Shamu's house at SeaWorld in Orlando]
      c]..but what a waste if water?!
After all that, i'll probably end up going to see it on one of my mom's London visits as a last minute 'oh and we're going to see a musical' decisions, in which case i'll be dressed in a rain mac [one i'll probably have to buy for the occasion].

In other news my first birthday present arrived today, the largest bean bag i've ever seen.
Thanks yiayia Jen x



whatstanleysays@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment