A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Wednesday 1 May 2013

CHEESY CHOPS

TODAY I have learnt that:

ONE] It takes around half an hour to grate a whole big-ish bowl of cheese:
        But why on earth would I be doing that? [you might ask]. Well, tomorrow I will attempt to make 'Flaounes'
        which, according to Wikipedia, is a 'special Easter food eaten on the island of Cyprus'. It is basically a
        cheese-filled pastry with sultanas, garnished with sesame seeds. You're supposed to make them on Good
        Friday [which for Orthodox Christians is THIS Friday] to break your Lent fast, but since I'll be on train then,
        I decided it best to save myself the trouble of juggling flour and cheese on a moving vehicle. Apparently
        there is a Guinness World Record for the largest flaouna ever made, which measures 8ft long and 4ft wide.
        That's basically enough cheese and pastry to make two lifesize cheese-men [short men, obv]. Anyway, 
        this is what they are supposed to look like: 
They're not exactly pretty, but they taste...
well they taste ok.

If I finish making them i'll post a photo of the end result whether they worked or not [by request of my grandma].
WISH ME LUCK.

whatstanleysays@gmail.com

        

No comments:

Post a Comment