A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Wednesday 8 September 2010

RUM DIDDLY..UM..

Last weekend I learnt that:

ONE] It really is lovely seeing friends after a while and it seeming like you've never been apart.
         I will always make the effort when I can; after all, friends are nothing like sweets.  It's the
         quality as opposed to the quantity that is the important thing.

Not the same. The sweets are good. BAD, I meant bad.


TWO] This does not mean it is OK to drink yourselves into oblivion at such an occasion.
          Rum, SoCo and Champagne before venturing out to eat does not equal a 'quick drink'.
Which reminds me, I must see this film...


THREE] If the gods have made it so there is no possibility of a performance, take a hint.
            It is not OK to go on stage to sing a song in a quaint little pub when:
                         a] you're hanging more than normal sized jeans on Victoria Beckham's legs.
                         b] you're using someone else's guitar
                         c] the bar maid just about understood you when you asked for some cider.



All in all a knowledgeable weekend.
Happy Birthday Gurbinder and Fuzz, bybye brain cells and hello Manchester!
At the moment it feels like I am always leaving work for the weekend. Naturally, i'm in no way complaining...

No comments:

Post a Comment