A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Tuesday 26 October 2010

CARPE DIEM. NOT THE ICE CREAM.

The last few days have basically taught me that life is far too short do put things off til the next day.
Here are a few things i'd like to point out:

          ONE] The phrase 'saving my pennies' annoys me this week. [I have used it so many times]
                   Saving for what exactly? St Peter doesn't have much use for gold, unless of course you're
                   practising the religion of the ancient world, in which case you'd only really need two gold coins to
                  get you across the river Styx anyway so shhhhhhhhhhhhh. Shh.

Not at all as exciting as a 'members only' island should be really.

         TWO] Don't waste time not seeing family/friends/Yann Tiersen/Jude Law at the cinema, waste time doing
                  these things.  They may not seem that important to you whilst there's a whole series of Iron Chef to
                  get through on 4oD, but trust me, there's only so many times you can listen to that presenter
                  talk and he'd probably eat you if he saw you anyway..

Olly Smith. Probably nearly as annoying as an ulcer, but a bit cute when he talks too. Sometimes.
     THREE] It's OK to watch X Factor if you like Scary Mary's voice and Rebecca's face.  It's not OK to watch it if
                       a] you think the way Treyc spells her name is 'cool' or 'alternative'.  It is neither. or
                       b] you like that annoying Take That song which gets played every time there's a video telling a
                          sad story with a happy ending. Please. It's not Oprah: I was born with the X Factor. Get me out
                          of here!


Oh look it's Rebecca. Oh wait no. No that's definitely Jessica Rabbit.
On the plus side, I like the fact that people who wouldn't normally get the opportunity to sing for
                   millions of people are finally realising their dream.  Nice Work.

Here's to my sister's twenty first on Saturday. See you in Dalston!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment