A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Tuesday 24 July 2012

SUN, SWEAT AND CYCLISTS

Well HELLO Summer and my haven't you taken your time. It's only Tuesday but i've learnt some fairly interesting things since Thursday:

ONE] "Cylists do better when they have large noses because they are more streamlined." Ah yes, true words of
          wisdom from my father's mouth. I have no idea how this conversation came about whilst we were
          watching the cyclists battle it out for the yellow jersey of Le Tour de France, but it did, and then it got me
          thinking [always a worrying prospect]: Can cyclists wear prosthetics Mrs Doubtfire style or would the pure
          heat experienced during the races simply melt them like little chocolate fudge cakes in a microwave?
          Will we ever find out? I doubt it, but let me put it to you that aeroplanes aren't shaped the way they are for
          no reason..
Well Done Bradley 'the Mod' Wiggins. Yellow is definitely your colour.


TWO] The weather is genius. You're right, I am attributing human-like qualities to the sunshine, but really, there's 
          no other way to describe how I feel about it at this moment. Not only do my chilis feel like they're in their
          native homes [soz Jalapeno], but:
               a] the journalists I speak to almost seem happy to help me on the phone
               b] it is socially acceptable to wear anything you want in almost every situation [barely anything
                   in most cases. No one said that was OK though], and
               c] the days spill into the nights and everything becomes one long summer laze-fest
         Although we're all kicking ourselves for not making use of our annual leave this week [don't bother
         commenting if you're busying sipping Mojitos on Hampstead Heath], I can safely say that the sun and
         heat have come at a wonderful time [some may say suspiciously so], coinciding with the London leg of
         the Olympic Torch relay.
This is how I felt at work yesterday and today.


I may or may not be going to watch the Torch for myself on Thursday [i'm the only one who wants to go from my
entire floor at work. Awkward.] so that's something to look forward to. That and the rain on Friday.

STANLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment