A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 25 October 2012

MAD [PIZZA] MEN[IA]

This week has seen many things: cracked heads [not crackheads], orangey-yellow leaves and yet more Jimmy Saville stories. It has also taught me a few other things:

ONE] I do actually have willpower: Yes, I managed to sit  ['bowl'] my way through two hours of pizza
         torture. I've never seen a sight like it. Tuesday saw a work excursion to Bloomsbury Bowling lanes,
         followed by eighteen of the largest round pizzas [no one beats you Firezza, with your rectangular
         masterpieces] I have ever laid my eyes on. At one point I had three in front of me and, bearing in mind
         these were the size of the larger wheel on a penny farthing, I ended up having just three slices [most of
         which ended up on the floor, my tights and my [bowling] shoes.] "Only three slices?!" I hear you cry with
         baffled tones. I didn't think I had it in me. Turns out I do. Maybe it was down to the sheer magnitude of
         drinks we'd all had by this point but either way, those of you who know me will know that this is an
         incredible piece of news.
THEY WERE SO GOOD.


TWO] Mad Men is returning, and it is sexier than ever: I have actually made both of these statements up, having
         deduced them from the wonderful pictures on the Daily Mail website, this being my favourite:
This is how I always mean to look on holiday..

        So whilst I have heard nothing of an actual new series [not saying it hasn't been announced. Just saying
        that I am as horrendously out of date as furry milk], I can't help but wander [SJP] "Just how cool is this new
        series going to be?" and "Where do I buy all these outfits from?". If you know more than me please send
        a letter with all information, including dates.

THREE] Imogen Thomas will never ever know how to dress: I learnt this today after realising that she looked no
             more shocking with a pumpkin painted on her pregnant belly than she does during a normal day-in-the-
             life. I mean, I was taken aback at first, but then I saw a photo of her in normal clothes and realised that
             there wasn't much difference.
It doesn't even really look like a pumpkin actually.

The belly is better than the boots.


FOUR] There is more than one chili growing on my chili plants: Not only this, but the second chili is growing on
           another plant and looks completely different! Variety is the spice of life, and no truer statement could be
           uttered in my room at the moment [just referring to my plants], with a handful more flowers ready to
           bloom, die and produce little green spices!
Here's chili No.1

Here's chili No.2 Isn't it GLORIOUS?



This weekend will see me going to Hogwarts and gorging on chocolate FROGS [or something like that].
I definitely will have learnt something by...i'd say...Monday.

love
STANLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment