A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 21 February 2013

BABY BOOM BOXES

WELL would you believe it is Thursday again? Thankfully I have learnt a few things [that you probably already knew] and will probably learn a whole host of things next week. Things like 'How many jumpers can you fit into one bag?'. This week however I learnt that:

ONE] Everyone is pregnant: Boys excluding, obviously, but it seems that May must have seen some pretty
         potent aphrodisiacs flying around all over the place, with oysters and asparagus having a double dose of

         their usual potion. I can safely say this because apart from every single remotely famous woman
         being either ready to pop, or popping as I type, there are no less than three young girls in my family all due
         next weekend (ish). THREE? Well two now as one was born 
yesterday a few weeks early (Hiya Tia
         Alexandra Eleftheriou!). If this has happened in my family alone, I can only imagine what is going on in
         the rest of the wold. I mean, I always knew May was a great month [obviously because that's when the
         best people were born, like me] as it normally heralds the summer, sometimes enticing bikinis out
         of their draws, but I didn't realise it has such fertility powers! Sadly I do not have any photos of pregnant
         women. I do however have a two-year old photo of me with a newborn. Unrelated?:

Not so! This baby boy's sister is actually 
due next weekend..
N.B I am also not usually that tanned.

TWO] Moving house is stressful and exciting in equal measure: Whenever anyone said to me 'moving house is
          in the top ten most stressful things to do, along with divorce.' I would shrug and think 'How difficult can it
          be to move a few boxes in a van?' What I clearly failed to realise is the fact that the act of moving
          possessions is not what was being referred to. The amount of admin,checks and uncertainty that go hand
          in hand with pre-house
 moving is unbelievable, mainly due to the fact that everything seems really last
          minute. 'Aren't you moving flats next weekend?' 'Yep.' 'Don't you think you should start packing?' 'Oh.
          Yeah.' The fact is things don't seem to be finalised until you are actually physically out of the one flat and
          eating food off plastic plates in the next. Saying that, the excitement of moving into a flat with your
          boyfriend/girlfriend/alien friend and them alone is almost overwhelming; that and the fact you can 'walk
          around the kitchen and make a cup of  tea naked' as I was told last weekend. So, I have that to look
          forward to. That and,
                         a] I can basically stamp the place with things that I like,
                         b] It will take me approximately ten minutes to get to work, and
                         c] I won't get weird looks when I'm eating mushy peas with salad.
I'm as happy as when Donald Duck does his
'Happy Dance' when he sees another
feathered creature.

             The big move is imminent. More updates to come!

THREE] Degu Update: Having given up on my chilis mainly due to the fact that I won't be able to take all four
             plants with me, there will be an [almost] weekly Degu feature. Cast your minds back two weeks to
             when I introduced you all to Cinammon's five babies. They are now two weeks and one day old, much
             bigger and much more mischievous!
Here are three squished baby degus. Apparently they like to
'squish' to keep warm. Fair dos.

'Wait wait get my good side'

And here's how much they'll grow in about
eight weeks...

             Sadly Holly won't be keeping all five, but she will be keeping one lucky little girl degu so we can
             track her progress and whether she'll too be pregnant by the time she's 10 weeks old. ahem.

This weekend will see me mostly sleeping and trying to fit big things into small bags.
I saw Billy from the subways the other day at Angel tube station. He still has a dodgy haircut.

Lots of love, 
STANLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment