A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Monday 25 March 2013

KNEE GNAW KNEE GNAW

TODAY is a Monday, and what I have learnt is that:

ONE] My legs have a mind of their own: Often nicknamed 'Bambi' or 'Scatter', my legs and brain seem to have
         gained quite the reputation. After stepping out of a cab and walking for five minutes, my legs decided

         they'd had enough and went on to completely fold, ensuring I was in a prime position to smash my
         knees onto the pavement, along with the palms of my hands, naturally. I didn't quite realise how much this
         had hurt until I realised I had a ten minute [now twenty minute] walk home. Hobbling like a newborn deer
         who has has never walked, I finally made my way home trying very hard to ignore the fact that I

         had caused this 'scene' in front of a busy Old Street/Barbican crowd [with one particularly concerned
         passer-by looking like she'd just witnessed an exorcism or something]. My knees hurt quite a bit as a

         result [no surprises there], but there's also this weird sensation like someone continuously has their hands
         on my knee caps pushing them the wrong way. Very bizarre and slightly uncomfortable.

Doesn't look that bad yet, but I can safely say
my left knee cap is not usually that..large..

TWO] Burger and Lobster lives up to its hype: I didn't think i'd be saying this, but this Saturday saw me have the
          best burger I have ever had [holiday burgers included], punctuated by bits of fluffy white lobster and the
          most moreish skinny chips you could imagine [I'm normally a chip snob and only ever go for fat chips]. 
          The prices? £20 might seem a bit on the steep side, that is until you realise what you get for this amount
          is either:
                 a] a gigantic burger, chips and salad
                 b] a rather large lobster, chips and salad, or
                 c] a meaty lobster brioche, chips and salad
         and not just any old burger and lobster either. The meat doesn't taste like ash or blood, but is perfectly
         seasoned and spiced; the lobster can be done various ways, the most appealing seeming to be the
         grilled which didn't disappoint. The 
fact that these are the only items on the imaginary
         menu [your waiter is your menu] says to me that the restaurant knows its produce, keeps the ingredients
         fresh, knows what its forte is and sticks to it. The only qualm I have is that you can't book a table at any
         of its four locations. You arrive, write your name on a list, and wait to be called. You will be given an
         estimated time but be prepared to wait a while. We put our names down at six on a Saturday evening to be
         told that there would be a table for us two hours later. We were lucky in that one of our party was staying
         in a hotel around the corner, so just be prepared. I have it under good authority however that on weekdays
         before 6pm it is relatively easy to walk in and be seated at a table almost at once. Believe me, its
         worth it if only to see your friends wear a bib.
For some reason none of us took 'bib' photos
[I wonder why] but here's one
that gives you the gist.

STANLEY is still after your 'THIS WEEK I LEARNT' videos so please send them in to:
whatstanleysays@gmail.com (NEW EMAIL ADDRESS)

love
STANLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment