A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 11 April 2013

MY BREDWYN

THURSDAY once again, and since yesterday I haven't learnt a whole lot. This is most likely due to the fact that the weather consists of a gloomy, grey drizzle, and  (weather + treats) = productivity in my opinion. Which brings me to my first point:

ONE] It is OK to treat yourself during the week, as long as it is a little treat: So after my rather long rant about
         how I eat super healthily during the week and go wild [sort of] on the weekend, I feel like I should add that

         every so often it is OK to treat yourself on a weekday with, oh I don't know, a nice bag of sweet potato and
         goats's cheese bread. You got me. Today, after hardly having bread at all over the last month, I decided
         that I needed it and, I didn't feel the slightest bit bad. I have to say, it tasted more like a pizza on pastry
         made by someone who'd already eaten all the cheese.
As you can see, there really isn't that much left of it..
          I clearly didn't mind at all, as there's barely enough there for a mouse. Either way, I am now looking
          forward to a weekend's worth of gluttony.

TWO] Edwyn Collins is a pretty cool guy: Most of you will know him as 'the guy who sung A Girl Like You'

I'm going to hold my hands up and say that
I didn't realise this was him until
Tuesday of this week. [don't judge]

          Others will know him as the singer of Orange Juice who had hits such as Rip It Up (1983)
Got to thank my favourite person Stuart Fenton for playing
this to me two years ago.
       
          And if you've been listening to BBC 6 Music recently you'll know him as the voice behind Dilemma
I dare you to listen to this song twice then try and get it
out of your head for the rest of the week.

         I have to say I barely knew anything about him before I watched the Home Again documentary which
         details his recovery after a suffering a major cerebral hemorrhage in February 2005, then a second
         hemorrhage. In it you see him go from learning how to walk, read, write and speak again, to playing a
         gig at the BBC Electric Proms a few years later. His determination, love of music and achievements are
         astounding as you finally see him say that he misses nothing of his old life. If you're feeling like you're
         stuck in a bit of a rut or don't seem to have any motivation, I strongly recommend that you watch this
         4-part documentary, the first of which you can view here. I am lucky enough to be going to see Edwyn play
         at the Union Chapel, Islington on 24th April [tickets should be available here] and will almost definitely be
         putting up a review. If you do nothing else today, just have a little listen!

THREE] Degus like Easter too: This is something I wasn't aware of, but apparently it is the norm:
Or perhaps its smarties they like? Who knows?!

           I can just about spot my favourite of the degus inside the Smarties hut on the left, shying away from all
           the attention [or hiding because she's done something naughty].
Ah there you go, she's been chucked out.

Various websites [ahem BBC ahem] have promised us a scorcher of a Sunday with highs of 17c no less. Fair enough, if there's a wind this could feel like 14c, but there won't be any rain and the sun will be out, which to me = Spring [Summer at a push]. Don't forget to rush to your local supermarket and buy those tin foil BBQ trays in anticipation!

love
send your videos to whatstanleysays@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment