A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 23 May 2013

COUNTDOWN CANNES CANNES

I'VE been a little quiet recently because I've been writing and recording [plug], the results of which will be up on my Bandcamp and Soundcloud at some point this weekend, hopefully. In between all of this I have learnt that:

ONE] At heart, i'm still a child: I know this mainly due to the fact that all I think about all day is how long I have
         left until I 'see Mickey' [go on holiday to Disney World]. This year I am lucky enough to be going for slightly
         longer, something that's sure to see me look a gloomy mess the minute I get back home. The things I am
         looking forward to the most are:

                  a] Having worries that are no bigger than 'Should I have ten pancakes, or eleven?' OR 'Should I go on
                      Tower of Terror twice in a row or leave it a few minutes?'.

                  b] Early-morning swims before breakfast.
                  c] The Florida temperament that makes me want to wish everyone a 'magical day' when I get home.
                      [My mom actually writes that to me in emails and at the end of text messages at the moment].
                  d] Not remembering what day of the week it is, and
                  e] Feeling WARM.
Here I am last year at Hollywood Studios.
Feeling warm.

      By next week i'll probably be counting down the minutes - just a warning. Either way, I'm finding it very
      difficult to concentrate on anything else, so my next song may or may not be Disney- related. Hopefully it
      'may not' be.

TWO] Photos of the Cannes Film Festival are bad: Mainly because they make me daydream of being on a
         constant yacht-based holiday with sexy friends. It is the perfect holiday really. Sun, cinema and
         sambucca shots! Well, probably sambucca shots in the case of one Leonardo DiCaprio who was seen
         to be partying 'like it's ya birfday' like a 'g' at a club. It looked as weird as it sounds, but still hasn't
         managed to put me off him, no matter how many pounds he puts on his face or into buying bizarre
         hats. This year it seems the 'peek-a-boob' dress is the 'thing to be seen in', as women of all shapes and
         sizes have braved this revealing look to turn the heads of the photographers and the public alike.
         Picture of the day is Irina Shayk on the Daily Mail who is sporting the 'reverse' peek-a-boob; whereas
         most of these dresses are cut out on the outside, her dress is cut in the cleavage area.
This however, from the Grammys, is much worse.
      Anyway, by next year I will somehow be at Cannes Film festival and not being thrown out. How? Who cares?

As I mentioned, this weekend will see me uploading a new song, aswell as catching up on sleep, eating a lot of bad food and enjoying the weather that has been promised to us. 19c is practically TROPICAL.

love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com


                  

No comments:

Post a Comment