A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Monday 13 May 2013

FOOD-DRINK-DRINK-FOOD-DRINK-DRINK BIRTHDAY HEADACHES REALLY STINK

SATURDAY saw me celebrate twenty five years of my existence, but really the love began on Thursday night
when my boyfriend brought home my favourite dinner:
Fish 'n' Chips [don't forget the mushy peas]with a side order of
melted chocolate fudge cake.
Friday night saw me say goodbye to a lovely colleague and great manager, as well as being forced to down three shots of sambuca all before me running to barbican and catching my train by about two minutes.
Here's an old photo of me after a few sambuca shots.
Exactly.

On Saturday I woke up to this: [We are going to Disney World in a few weeks, I am not merely obsessed with Minnie Mouse].

I then made my family take me to the Black Country Living Museum. Surprisingly we were not the oldest/only people there. Unsurprisingly we bought about ten bags of sweets:


[Insert whitty caption here]
And after a day of mining and grocery shopping in a Victorian village, I was taken to Asha's Restaurant in Birmingham. This restaurant has to be one of the best I have ever been too, and probably the best Indian restaurant. It is not a curry house but [excuse me for sounding poncey] a refined Indian eatery which, serving dishes from saag aloos to lobsters, pretty much caters for all tastes. Just before we eventually headed out to Snobs I was detained in the corridor and told to sit back down for my birthday present [and no, it did not involve a semi naked man gyrating on my aloo gobi]. In fact, I was given a Flaming Lamborghini, which apparently is comprised of sambucca [oh god], kahlua, Bailey's Irish Cream and blue curacao...[all after an evening of refreshments]
I'm pretty much entirely freaked out now having stumbled across
an article by the Sun who claim that a girl's face was entirely burnt
after being given a Flaming Lamborghini as a birthday treat.

Needless to say I was entirely merry, but apparently it was a great night:

On a slightly more hungover note, Sunday saw us going back down to London to celebrate the fiftieth birthday of a lovely lady, for which we were invited to the Connaught Hotel [which eventually saw me also drink another glass of champagne and two mojitos]. Here I proceeded to stuff my face with tastiest sandwiches I think I've ever had and the most beautiful little cakes.
We also had scones and cakes after all of this.
Also the bar and barmen look like something out of Titanic.

And finally, after leaving these beautiful surroundings, we went home, watched the repeat of Sunday's F1 race [which was in Barcelona] 'til 12am whilst half sleeping and half eating pizza.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who made sure I had a wonderful weekend and thank you to my body for somehow managing to function at work today.

LOVE
whatstanleysays@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment