A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Monday 27 May 2013

SUMM[OJITO]ER

THIS weekend has actually felt like a long one, for the first time in what seems like many months' worth of Bank Holiday weekends. I won't go into everything i've done, but what I have learnt is:

ONE] Regents Park is actually massive: I knew it was large, but I hadn't realised quite how large. You get to one
         flat, grassy area and think, yep, this is great, only to realise that there's a path leading to quite a different
         area with beautiful flowers, fountains and people wearing inappropriate clothing. Not to mention the
         ZOO you can catch a peak into from one of the paths. I think I saw a penguin swimming, unless it was
         just a bit of dirt floating around the pool.

Here's my view from a bench. This fountain attracted
every dog in London, one which proceeded
to wee in the bit where the dogs drink from.

         In front of the fountain is a whole other part of the park I didn't even venture into, but it looks like
         the kind of place I would have loved to run down/through as a primary school child. I've been told that
         the weather is going to go to pot after today, so thought I'd make the most of it and top up the tan [i.e
         make myself one less shade of pasty. Not the pastry type.]

TWO] Something about the sun makes me want Mojitos: There is no other time of the year that makes me really
          want to go to the effort of buying bacardi, soda water, fresh mint and lime [we always have sugar in our
          flat], but for some reason, sun + heat = mojito. The best one I have ever had is in a pool bar [a bar in a
          swimming pool; I'm not that good at snooker] in Abu Dhabi. I like fruity drinks and I like chilis. 'No
          problem. How does a raspberry and chili mojito sound?' Er, GREAT. And it tastes as good as you'd
          imagine. I have yet had the energy to make one, but if we get one more sunny day this year I might be
          tempted.
In the meantime, we settled for the standard, refreshing, limey version.

THREE] I put a new song up, as promised: One more song has been added to my Bandcamp and Soundcloud.
             This is probably [hopefully] going to be a regular occurence. I may be doing a gig in June but I'll
             let you know more details soon.

love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment