A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 6 June 2013

DIGITAL DATE NIGHT

HAS this week worn roller blades or something? I can't quite believe it is Thursday again, but already I have learnt that:

ONE] I'm going to an awards ceremony: Quite. Tonight will see me going to the AOP Digital Publishing Awards
         at the Roundhouse [a venue I have always wanted to go to] to see who will take home the prizes.


         Nominees include The Guardian in the Editorial Team 2013 - Consumer category, Carla Buzasi at
         Huffington Post Media Group in the Digital Editorial Individual 2013 category, and Mail Online - Associated
         Newspapers
 in the Digital Advertising Sales Team 2013. It'll be interesting to see who wins what, especially
         since the Cbeebies team will be there. It also seems as though the good weather decided to attend,
         with highs today already at around the 22
°C mark. The reception will therefore begin outside apparently.
         Winners and details of the events to follow! 
Apparently Google are one of the sponsors. If ONLY we each got a
'google goodie bag' with some glasses in.
I'd like to see what the fuss is about!

TWO] Strawberry Ribena is great: I thought I knew this already, but you can't really know this until you track 
          down a really cold carton of this on a wonderfully sunny and warm day. The original flavour just doesn't
          cut it; for me, the strawberry has the edge. Going from last weekend's strawberry laces hand soap post,
          I'm sure you can see a pattern emerging, but I think I am genuinely right on this one.
This new-look carton did freak me out a bit,
but I got through it.
          I was also happy to know that this contributed to my 'daily does of vitamin c'; who knew?! Delicious
          and nutritious. I'll probably fill up my ice trays with this beverage on the weekend because that is a brilliant
          idea.

THREE] What is happening in the world of fashion: A question I ask myself on a regular basis, especially since I
             have had the need to buy a few things for my pending trip to see Mickey. My last shock was on
             searching for a swimming costume to wear on the water rides [so I can keep everything 'inside' the
             vehicle]. Apparently they don't exist without great big gaping holes down the front and on the sides,
             which completely defaces the whole point of me trying to buy one. The only costumes I found that were
             suitable were the ones for the actual professional swimmers, or for ladies of an older age, so to speak.
             What if I want to look my age and remotely acceptable in the fashion-arena on these rides? No hope of
             that I guess, so i eventually went for this Topshop bikini [this is before some wonderful girls sent me
             many links to pieces that would have been perfect. I was impatient]. Take THAT highstreet.
Most of them were like this. I swear to God.

Back here soon for the results of tonight's AOP Digital Publishing Awards. I may or may not do a
Vogue-esque 'What did they wear? feature.

love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com
p.s I hope you had fun on maternity leave Jake.





No comments:

Post a Comment