A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Tuesday 4 June 2013

SECRET EATERS

UNFORTUNATELY I am addicted to Channel 4's Secret eaters. How do I know this? Well now that series two has finished, I have found myself re-watching series one. Apart from the fact that the programme generally makes people feel less than pleased with themselves, even drawing out guilt, Anna Richardson just doesn't sit well with me at all. So why on earth would I put myself through watching it? If only I knew; but one thing is for sure, it basically creates an invisible but very present menu, from which I will proceed to pick things that I will eat during the rest of the week and, more importantly, on the weekend.
'I think it needs cheese'

This week's viewing has seen a lot of mention of Chinese food, which basically means that I will absolutely have to order one. I am pretty sure though that this programme is supposed to have the opposite effect. Sometimes it does, for example today, a chap by the name of 'Big G' had leftover takeaway for breakfast, a sandwich for a pre-lunch snack, McDonalds for lunch two hours later, then a donner kebab and chips for dinner, two hours later. In cases such as this even I will admit that with all the will in the world, re-creating a day like this would be almost impossible; but really, these instances are rare. I will go on loving this programme, regardless of its many faults, and intend it to inspire my culinary decisions from now until series 3.
Here is Anna with some sisters who appeared on the programme.
I saw the one on the right in Topshop two weeks ago.

Don't even pretend you are surprised I recognised her. If you start watching it I guarantee you will end up like me, within two days.

whatstanleysays@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment