A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 13 June 2013

RUN FUN RUN

THURSDAY, and with this weather, i'm considering re-naming it 'Furs-day'. Seriously, what is going on? But apart from the fact that the weather has a mind of its own I have learnt that:

ONE] People don't look where they are going: As someone who runs in London, I feel I have almost a birdseye
         view of people on the street. This isn't to say that I wear fish finger goggles, or even that I  hover over
         people's heads, but that I seem to have a very similar perspective to the latter in the sense that people
         don't seem to see me although I see them. Whilst I am not one of those runners who takes the middle of
         the pavement as their track or one who runs into people before they decide to slow down, I am a runner
         who has to dodge people who:

                     a] look backwards when they are walking forwards
                     b] look at their phones instead of forwards
                     c] walk out of shops without actually looking past the door, or FORWARDS
                     d] all of the above at the same time

        Now I have been known to use my phone whilst walking, but I don't take me eyes off the space around me
        for more than a second at a time, mainly because I value my safety, but also because I know how
        annoying it can be for people who are looking where they are going. When I run I try and stay away from
        pavements with people on, but a lot of the time this is impossible; so here is my plea to the people of
        London: Please, for the sake of my sanity, look where you are going. THANK YOU : )smileyface.

Also if you don't, i'll just get the Hulk on you.


TWO] The future's bright; the future's like Star Trek: No, i'm not talking about the latest Star Trek film [which
          I still haven't managed to see], but I am talking about the 'future of flying', according to the BBC. The
          article basically suggests that some features of these soon-to-be new aircraft carriers include seats that

          use our energy to power things inside the vehicle and a spiders' web-style roof that will let masses of light
          in. The thing I am most excited about though is something that the BBC didn't actually mention but did
          show a picture of. Anyone for a Star Trek-style touch-sensitive hover screen? YES PLEASE:
Picture from the BBC Website
      I mean really. To me, that outweighs the masses of cons related to flying. Now all they need to do is make
      us go so fast we won't feel any turbulence; then will I be satisfied. Until then however, I will make do with a
      new Virgin plane [which I hope has the new Star Trek film on the menu].

THREE] In ten days' time I get to eat in the Beast's Castle!: This may sound like a euphemism, but I'm
             being deadly serious. Thanks to the newly built New Fantasyland at Walt Disneyworld in Orlando
             I'm literally going to get to have dinner in an almost exact replica of the Beast's Castle at what is known
             as the Be Our Guest Restaurant. Want to see the wilting rose? FINE, it is there in all its holographic
             glory, complete with virtual snow falling outside the 'windows' of the restaurant. For those of you who
             don't know [or haven't managed to guess], although I am not a Disney fanatic, my favourite Disney film
             was/is Beauty and the Beast. If only my five-year-old self could see me now [in a few days].
Image from the Disney Blog
Cheers girls.

Yesterday I was asked where I went on holiday on account of my tan. If this is what a few hours in Brighton does to me, I am likely to come back from Florida unrecognisable.

Don't waste the weekend!

Love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com
             

No comments:

Post a Comment