A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Sunday 2 June 2013

STRAWBERRY SUN

IT'S not that far into today, but already I have learnt that:

ONE] Everything in London is close by: The tubes have a very sneaky way of making us think that one place
         is too-far-to-walk from the next, when actually most places take less time to get to by foot than by a
         rather rammed underground train. Today we decided to go on a six mile run so we could:
                a] make use of the beautiful weather that normally doesn't last longer than a few hours, and
                b] see bits of London that we don't normally get to see on our walks to and from work.
         We therefore decided to scrap our normal weekend route and go for this one:
                   Home --> Angel --> Barbican --> St Pauls --> Bank --> London Bridge --> Westminster -->
                   Southbank --> Holborn -->Angel --> Home
        One thing I love about runs like this is the fact that I finally get to understand where everything is in relation
        to places that I already know. Westminster is not miles and miles away from Barbican, just like Southbank
        is not miles and miles away from Angel. Not only this, the sun and heat really make the views and overall
        summer-vibes on a weekend run pretty incredible:
That Bridge
Boat Tours
The Beach.
The building that looks like the buildings behind Central Park.

    I hope this weather lasts. I'd much rather spend my Sundays jogging around places like this instead of
    staring at the rain through the blinds.

TWO] I have found the best hand soap EVER: Whilst I don't spend my weekends searching for the best
         bathroom toiletries I can find, I did stumble across this [it must be fate] whilst in Sainsbury's.

       And before you accuse me of any foul play, I have no idea how to use photoshop and, more importantly, 
       don't own it. Its almost as though Carex had met me, realised how much I would love this, made it and
       hid it in the supermarket along with a secret camera just to film my reaction [i looked like a child]. The
       verdict: Strawberry Laces Carex is not only super soft on the skin [suitable for the whole family], it honestly
       leaves your hands smelling like sweets without all the sticky, sugary mess. So if you have little kids or big
       kids, this is probably the best hand soap you'll ever find. Price: 0.95p at the moment in a Sainsbury's near
       you. Score: 10/10.

Apparently this wonderful weather is going to last all week, which is great because on Saturday I am going to Brighton to dip my toes into the sea and pretend I am on holiday.

whatstanleysays@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment