A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 11 July 2013

SHARDY-HELL!

WELCOME back Thursday, and haven't you been an eventful one. Today I have learnt that:

ONE] Someone has hacked into the Vogue.co.uk website: I'm not sure what I imagined when I heard this, but
         I certainly didn't imagine what I saw: 



        No, you're not going mad; yes, these are dinosaurs wearing wigs and hats. Familiar with this song?
        
       If not, the cheat to get the dinosaurs speeding across your page is:
UP - UP - DOWN - DOWN - LEFT - RIGHT - LEFT - RIGHT - B - A
         Whilst you could probably spend the entire day doing that, please stop for five minutes to learn that:

TWO] Greenpeace climb The Shard: Six brave ladies are fighting for their cause by climbing up The Shard. They
          are protesting against Shell's Arctic drilling and chose this building [aptly modelled on a shard of ice] as
          apparently it sits right in the middle of three of the company's headquarters. You can watch their progress
          live HERE on the Greenpeace website as well sign their petition in order to help them reach their 62,000
          target. One interesting thing to note however is that some of the climbers are ascending WITHOUT
          ASSISTANCE, FIXING SAFETY ROPES AS THEY GO UP THE BULDING. Ok then. Apparently the
          ladies have around 180m left to go and considering they have been doing this since I arrived in the
          office this morning, i have reason to believe that they are made of steel. BEST OF LUCK!
I wonder how long it would actually take to get the hashtag
#shardyhell trending?

THREE] My manky eye is proper manky: Newsflash! It also seems that my left eye is starting to go the same
             way. On calling my GPs office to ask what the hell is going on, I was told that actually, they don't book
             appointments anymore, and the doctor will phone you back then decide whether you need an
             appointment or not. Excuse me? Is this common practice now? What if my eyes are more horrible than
             I think they are, or worse, what If I was lying? I managed to secure a prescription over the phone and
             trotted off to the pharmacy, only to be told that I could just buy the eye gel over the counter.
             After THAT debacle, I have now discovered that I can't even use the gel because it curls up when it
             comes out of the tube and won't stick to the rim of my eyelid. What a disaster!
GoldenEye ointment. Not so Golden. And
nothing like James Bond.
         
               Hopefully this weekend will bring with it some eye-healing surprises, as well as a lovely BBQ in
               31oC heat.

love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment