A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Monday 5 August 2013

PETRI-FRIED

TODAY has taught me a few things, but mainly that:

ONE] googlemeat is now a real-life thing: It's not 'google meat' per se, but the research conducted in order to
         create the first petri-dish burger was funded by Google co-founder Sergey Brin and cost £215,ooo [not sure
         if that included the lettuce and tomato]. There has been a lot of interest in and debate on this, and 
         rightly so; it is the first of its kind. But why are people so surprised at this phenomenon when the first
         test-tube baby was born all the way back in July 1978? I mean, it might have something to do with the fact
         that:
           a] farmers are slightly scared they'll be put out of business, and
           b] we're effectively growing COWS in PETRI-DISHES.
         This might be the first step in making people more aware that our resources will run out if we don't change
         the ways in which we feed ourselves, but it's also a bloody expensive burger. If you want to see the
         [slightly bizarre] first bite it is HERE.
HERE's where I took this photo from, interestingly
featuring an article on GM cows and farting..

TWO] Our roads need to change: And I say this because today saw me nearly being floored by yet another
          London cyclist. I was on a pavement at the time and intended to continue along this pavement [not
          crossing] when a guy on a bike came out of a pedestrian entrance to a building, curving to the right
          at what seemed like at least 20mph straight at me. I barely had time to realise what was going on but
          thankfully he was concentrating and managed to slam on his breaks, before saying 'sorry' and zooming
          off down the rest of the pavement. It's a real big shame because people like him give cyclists a bad
          name. Apart from those crazy kids who cycle on the pavement, from what I can tell the roads in
          London are not made for cyclists, drivers and pedestrians to use all at once because:
             a] they are clearly too dangerous
             b] some drivers don't have enough patience
             c] some cyclists don't have enough patience, and
             d] the roads are clearly too dangerous!
         but we are being encouraged in every way possible to cycle instead of drive [or even walk]. Something
         clearly needs to be done, and if there were ever plans proposed to make London a cycle-only city i'd be
         very happy. Until that day however, i'll just live in the hope that everyone actually remembers the 'rules of
         the road' and try and keep my moaning to a minimum.
This is a photo of my dad.
I
cyclists. See!

Apparently I need a new umbrella.

love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment