A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 8 August 2013

SHARKA LARKA

IT'S a short one today, but I have wonderfully learnt that:

ONE] This week is Shark Week: I'm not quite sure whether this is the first of its kind or whether this phenomenon
          was started at the beginning of time [when the internet was actually created], but it is happening, and
          now you know. The Discovery Channel are celebrating Shark Week with a week of shark-based
          documentaries, but more bizarrely, [and I shit you not] a shark was today found in the New York City

          subway on a Queens-bound N train. I'm not entirely sure how it found its way there, but if someone put it
          there in celebration, I don't think they quite 'get' it. And by 'it' I mean the significance of Shark Week and
          what it is trying to do [which is obviously to celebrate and make people more aware of sharks, not drown
          them with stuffy subway air].
          
This photo is from Elite Daily
who go into it better and with more
hilarious detail.

      So in celebration of Shark Week, here are a few of my favourite, famous sharks, some from my childhood,
      and some literally from Google, because I don't really know of that many sharks:
Sharky, of Sharky and George

The overly scary shark from Finding Nemo, 
scaring every child
watching to a worrying degree on a daily basis.

The street sharks from Street Sharks.
[apparently it's an American-Canadian tv series..?]

The Sharks from the Sharks Ruby team.

And the shark from Seaworld in Florida.
Obviously not as famous as..

SHAMU! Who isn't a shark, but is famous.
A bit like..

Lindsay Lohan.

Come back tomorrow to see a post equally as short and sweet.
Maybe sweeter because it'll be a Friday.

love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment