A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Friday 9 August 2013

THIS IS A POOD. A GOOD POST.

TODAY'S post is equally as short as yesterday's but slightly sweeter, mainly because:

ONE] The Cronut has taken over: Yes, in New York people can be seen queuing round the block from 6am
         until the Dominique Ansel Bakery opens at 8am. And why on earth would one do this? Well, to sample
         the 'Cronut' of course. I've given it a capital 'C' to emphasise the power it seems to hold over people

         [or the hype the bakery has managed to cultivate, allowing each customer a maximum of two Cronuts].
         These widely sought-after deserts are a mixture of the elegantly Parisian croissant and the less
         refined but equally delicious doughnut. Now I actually love both of these things, but neither the photographs
         nor the descriptions have convinced me:

Since there's a distinct lack of jam but an
abundance of cream [ugh],
shouldn't they be called éclants?

       I'd naturally love to be convinced, and if anyone would like to send me some I'd gladly give them a go. In the
       meantime, in celebration of all things melangé, here's a list of my favourite word-mashed things:
The Labradoodle. Something oh so wrong
with an incredible name.

The Liger. Like a lion, just a bit more camp.

The Spork. One of the most useful tools
man has created.

and finally, 
The Cake Pops, bringing us full-circle
back to edible things.

I have to catch a train.
But think on it.
Mashing things together is great. And so is mashed potato.

love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment