A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 19 September 2013

WHAT LOAD OF FALAFF

IT is a soggy Thursday with an eerily white sky and I wore a jacket and a cape to work today. Hello Winter! I have to admit, I love Autumn with its scarves and sunglasses so i really hope it appears at some point. Digression aside, today I have learnt that:

ONE] Some people will do anything for attention: The MailOnline managed to somehow shock me again with a
         guest post from one Kate Thompson, a lady who claims she is 'too busy and involved in [her] career as a

         writer to be a traditional, caring wife'. Fair enough, that statement doesn't seem altogether too offensive if
         you omit the word 'caring'. What she fails to establish within the first few sentences is that she lacks

         judgement. Was it a good decision to write an article like this? Not really.
         Rather publicly and in order to receive a response she has written a few things that nearly ruined my lunch:
                a] She implies that working women who care about their husbands and children are indulging in the
                    'subservient partner thing'.
                b] She claims that she only allows intimacy 'on [her husband's] birthdays'. A bit like a dull sex slave.
                c] 'After a day of writing, I feel happy and complete; after a day with the children, I am frazzled' 
                d] The rest of the article.
       I admire her work ethic and think it takes courage, determination and will power to work all hours of the day
       to provide for your family. What I don't understand is why she had to tell all the MailOnline readers
       [the whole of the UK] the details of her marriage/family life and what she expects us to say. As I don't
       have any children I am not really in a position to claim that she is right or wrong, but I do want to give her

       husband a hug.
Photo courtesy of the MailOnline.


TWO] Beetroot Falafel is GOOD: I needed a bit of a nutritional treat this lunchtime, so I bought myself some
         beetroot falafel. 'Well, that's not much of a treat' a colleague said. '"On the contrary." I professed, 'It

         is both sweet and vibrant!" No, this is not something from an Oscar Wilde book, this is a real-life Thursday
         situation. And did I regret the decision? Not for a moment. It really is sweeter than normal falaff [we're
         friends now, I can shorten words] and is probably much better for you than a packet of crisps.

Photo courtesy of Waitrose
It is probably going to rain this weekend.
I don't mind, i'll be in Northampton trying to stay away from the clown.
                  Photo courtesy of the Northampton Herald & Post
Love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment