A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Monday 7 October 2013

PULLED

THIS weekend taught me many things, some of which I am still feeling the effects of:

ONE] Pulled chicken does not have to take five hours to cook: On Saturday we cooked for my parents. They've
         been going on about 'pulled chicken' for so long [and i've seen it on zero menus] that I thought perhaps
         they had made it up in a post-holiday delirium. In light of this, we decided to cook them an American-
         themed, pulled-chicken-centred dinner, completely with homemade guacamole, homemade coleslaw, 
         sweet potato fries and the biggest plate of nachos known to man:
mmm.cheese.
        Unfortunately for my blog [fortunately for our bellies] I didn't have time to take a photo of the rest of our
        beautiful creations, except for the desert, which we like to call...
...Marsh å la Mallow.
       Frankly I'm surprised there were any Reeses mini cupcakes left to even make the dessert since they left
       the supermarket like this:
       Apparently everything was tasty and we've been asked for some recipes. Successful? It always is when
                 a] you like what you're cooking,
                 b] you're cooking with someone who makes you laugh, and
                 c] the chicken takes one hour to cook instead of five.

TWO] Body Attack is INSANE: It's official. That class has d e s t r o y e d my body. From the soles of my feet
          all the way up to my shoulders, Body Attack has literally done what it says on the tin. Obviously it must
          have worked, otherwise i'd be able to walk to work without looking like i'd just smashed my coccyx bone, 
          I just clearly need to up my game a bit so my body doesn't go into shock the next time I do it. So if you're
          up before ten on a Saturday morning and you need something do do [but don't need to walk anywhere for
          the next three days] i'd definitely suggest finding your nearest Body Attack class. 
Photo courtesy of Nuffield Health
I literally did this on Saturday.

I don't know what the weather is doing this week, but i'm whipping out my sunglasses and my gloves.
love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment