A BLOG ABOUT THINGS I LEARN. BASICALLY. I respect copyright and will be happy to remove any photo the holder wishes me to remove. Please email whatstanleysays@gmail.com if you own an image you wish removed.

Thursday 3 October 2013

SOFA THURSDAYS

TODAY I have learnt that:

          There is a time and a place to be thinking about sofas: We're going to have to buy one within the next two
          months, and boy are there a lot to get through. So far I have looked at sofa websites on two out of the
          three evenings we've had this week, which has resulted in a sofa-takeover in my head whenever i've had a 

          spare moment during the days. Not the most thrilling of accidental thoughts, but they're there
          nonetheless [their, there, they're]. Also, apart from the fact that they are slightly cheaper, why would

          anyone even buy a white sofa? In celebration of my recent sofa-related-thoughts, here are a selection of
          my favourite IRSs [impractical and ridiculous sofas]

         1. The Twister.

Photo courtesy of DVICE
Firstly, there's no place to lie down [the main purpose of a sofa]
and secondly, it encourages awkwardly close eye contact with someone
you may not wish to have awkwardly close eye contact with

2. The Ship
Photo courtesy of THE MOTI NETWORK
This isn't big and certainly isn't clever.
But more importantly it isn't waterproof.

3. The Calculator
Photo courtesy of SMASHING LISTS
Great for learning about maths, 
bad for stability. What if 5 falls off?

4. The Perv
Photo courtesy of FREAKING NEWS
However much I love Elmo [and I do love Elmo]
this sofa is fondling some b00bies.
I like my sofas morally sound thanks.

5. The Rope
Photo courtesy of HOMETONE
Rope - probably the least cushy material someone
could have used to make a sofa out of
without using shards of glass.

Hopefully I'll have a night off from all this sofa malarkey, doing something more useful like watching back-to-back episodes of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA (the USA bit is very important. The UK ones are rubbish).

love
whatstanleysays@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment